Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- vegetable oil (optional)
- sugar and cinnamon
Note: This recipe is very adaptable. You can scale up to accommodate more than 1 sweet potato, if desired. Also, I used two different seasonings in order to have a variety of chips. You can use as much or as little seasoning as desired.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Lightly drizzle and spread the oil over the parchment paper
2) Peel your potato and slice as thinly as possible. If you’re fancy, you can use an actual slicing tool.
3) Place the sweet potato rounds on the oiled paper.
4) Lightly drizzle another layer of vegetable oil over the potatoes.
5) Dust the potatoes with the salt OR cinnamon sugar mixture. (Though I do recommend adding a pinch of salt to the cinnamon sugar mix for an unexpected sweet-salty combination!)
6) Bake the sweet potato chips for 20 - 25 minutes. The amount of time your chips will need depends on how thinly they are sliced, so watch them closely.
7) Remove the chips from the oven when they are crispy enough for you. Allow to cool for a few minutes before enjoying.